Our homeopaths are professionals of holistic and natural medicine. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat your disease but to help improve your vitality and energy as a whole. Homeopathic treatment often produces improvements in overall energy levels, mood and sleep in addition to helping you with your main complaint. Most health problems that can be treated with conventional medicine can also be treated with homeopathy. Also, concurrent treatment with homeopathy and conventional medicine is safe and effective. The most common complaints treated by our Chief Homeopath, Mokhtar Akbari, include:
- Digestive disorders like: acid reflux, irritable bowel syndrome, or trouble with constipation or diarrhea.
- Eczema, warts, vitiligo and other skin diseases.
- Recurrent infections such as colds or ear infections in children or adults.
- Brain injuries and concussions.
- Arthritis and joint pains including back pain or neck pain.
- Mood disturbances such as seasonal affective disorder, depression, or anxiety.
- Menstrual issues in women including: excessive pain, abnormal bleeding, PMS or hormonal disturbances around menopause (hot flashes, etc.).
- Pediatrics: recurrent infections, behavioral issues, learning disabilities and autism spectrum in children.
- Urinary problems including increased frequency, urgency or trouble starting. We also commonly treat recurrent urinary tract infections in women.
- Dizziness and vertigo.
- Fatigue and low energy, this includes Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia.
- Cancer support: This includes immune support and side-effect support for patients undergoing chemotherapy, radiation or hormone therapy. We also actively treat cancer patients for those who wish to use natural means as a complementary or main therapy.
- Chronic pain that does not respond well to common pain killers.
- Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s: Note that we are interested in treating more patients with Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases in order to conduct studies on the effectiveness of homeopathy in these conditions. These patients will be treated concurrently with conventional medicine.
What to expect from a consultation
The initial homeopathic consultation lasts 3 to 5 hours for adults suffering from chronic conditions. If your condition is a recent acute condition, then a 30 minute consultation might be all you need. You will then be given natural medical advice including a homeopathic remedy as necessary. We typically follow our patients closely every 2 weeks for the first 2 to 3 months. When you start getting better, you will be followed monthly or less often as needed. Treatment is discontinued when the issue is resolved. We then recommend that our patients consult us for a check-up of their health once every 1 to 2 years. Note that for some urgent issues like fevers patients may need phone follow-ups on a daily basis. The same applies for severe diseases like Parkinson’s where patients may need more frequent follow-ups.
Professionals you can trust
All of our homeopathy specialists have been certified and accredited by the College of Homeopaths of Ontario or the College of Naturopaths of Ontario. As such, you will receive quality care in a supportive and healing environment.
To know more about homeopathy, visit our Learning Centre.
Learn more about our Chief Homeopath Mokhtar Akbari by reading his prolife.