Physiotherapists treat pain by natural means including massage, customized exercise prescription and medical devices like therapeutic ultrasound. They are the experts you want to see when you have any kind of pain or weakness in your body. They can also help you prevent injuries and pain by giving you professional advice on your technique and posture during work or sports activities. The aim of our physiotherapists is to give you free and unrestrained mobility so that you can do the activities that you enjoy the most. Also, we now know that regular exercise, proper sleep and good nutrition are the 3 essential building blocks of good health throughout your life. Whether you love or hate exercising, our physiotherapists can help you find the activity that is right for you so that you can stay vibrant and healthy through all the seasons of your life. They are the specialists that can help you figure out the intensity, duration and type of exercise that is right for you.
The most common conditions and situations seen by our Chief Physiotherapist, Mokhtar Akbari, include :
- Back and neck pain
- Whiplash following a car accident
- Tendonitis, bursitis, sprains and pulled muscles and tendons
- Shoulder and knee pains including rotator cuff syndrome and meniscus injuries
- Plantar fasciitis
- Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rehabilitation after fractures
- Rehabilitation after joint operations
- Strength maintenance physiotherapy for elderly patients living at home or in Retirement or Nursing Homes (house calls available)
- Rehabilitation after strokes, traumatic brain injuries or other neurological diseases like Multiple Sclerosis
- Dizziness and vertigo, especially Benign Paroxysmal Vertigo in the elderly
Hands-on care at our Ottawa Clinic
At Rideau Physiotherapy & Homeopathy, we believe in hands-on care. Our physiotherapists prioritize spending time with each and every patient themselves. They are highly trained in various hands-on techniques including therapeutic massage, myofascial release, joint mobilizations and manipulations, and cranio-sacral therapy. They may use these techniques to help re-align a joint that was previously misaligned and limiting your function. Massage also increases the blood flow to the affected area and helps to promote tissue healing while releasing unwanted tension. When indicated, these devices can help promote tissue healing and accelerate recovery. At Rideau Physiotherapy & Homeopathy, we will use the best combination of modern treatments available to help you get back on track.
Professionals you can trust
All of our Physiotherapists have been certified and accredited by the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario. As such, you will receive quality service from professionals you can trust .
Learn more about our Chief Physiotherapist Mokhtar Akbari by reading his prolife.